Friday, July 15, 2011

Did you know that Sheridan Jones is Awesome?

Well just in case you weren't aware of the Awesomeness that is Sheridan Jones, here's some images from her recent show Above the Mantle at CASPA artist run initiative in Castlemaine. These works have so much detail in them, photos just don't do justice to the intricate work that goes into them - I MIGHT be wrong, but I think we are looking at gorgeous etching techniques, hand-cutting, overlaying of inks and some serious folding work. All in some stunning frames and ... those glass thingies ... what are they called again?



Love that little mouse, and it was sold right under my nose (literally - I was leaning over it and the red spot just whisked its way in)!


I think the owl was the Pièce de résistance (ok yes, I wiki'd that, so shoot me), of the show, entirely sculpted out of paper. Beautiful stuff!





Really, Sheridan's work gives you the joy and beauty of natural history, without the uncomfortable faux pas (so french today!) of having real taxidermy-ed creatures and preserved butterflies to ruin the moment. A delicious (and politically correct) alternative really - I strongly recommend investing!  Sheridan's show is on until the 31st July, so get amongst it! Nothing says fantastic weekend like a day trip to the country.

And if you're in the area, come say hi!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are you thinking?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...