Monday, July 11, 2011

tough titties in the post!

Yeehaa! What a crazy day it's been - like a normal person's Monday really, with important emails, deadlines, forms and five chocolate biscuits (I must be getting better).

You may have heard (or read) me mention a group show that I'm involved in next month hosted by the tough titties group, A Touch Of Class, as part of the annual Sydney Design Festival. This has been organised by the clearly awesome Alex and Lou (who are THE tough titties), as a hats off to women's traditional skills of yester year. The works are to be made on gigantic doilies, and I've been waiting for DAYS for my doily to arrive from Sydney - and lo and behold, just when I thought I better ring someone, I look out the window and there's the postie, holding a giant tough titties tube. Oooh!


One of these days I'll manage a not blurry photo. Gah. But now for the next challenge - what the hell am I gonna put on a giant doily?! (Apart from a giant piece of cake ... keeping in mind I gotta get this sucker back in the tube again ...)


So if you happen to be in Sydney on the 3rd of August, at Somedays gallery in Surrey Hills - check it out! Unfortunately I won't be able to make the show, so it would be great if some of you Sydney-siders could report back! I can't wait to see what these other ladies do with their doilies. Doilies is starting to sound like a made up word now. Doilies doilies doilies. Anyway, more info can be found on the tough titties site, and you can 'attend' the event on the facebook page here!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some doily art to attend to.

Doily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are you thinking?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...