Friday, April 27, 2012

The Travel Issue




So last month I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to create a work for Yen Magazine, based 'my favourite travel destination'. I intially thought Berlin, coz you know - why wouldn't it be? But then I figured it seems to be everyone's favourite travel destination, and that would be boring! And as I thought about it, it made me realise that though in my travels I spent longest in Berlin; it wasn't the place that enamoured me so, but it was the 2 month honeymoon drinking coffee, wandering and drawing pictures with my Husband that really made it special. Really, we could have had an awesome time anywhere!

 
So I decided to revisit Copenhagen (in a mad rush to meet the very tight deadline), particularly because I knew I could answer all the questions about it! It made me realise that even though I was only there for 6 days over a year ago (and spent approximately 84% of that time squished in an armchair playing cards and drinking hot chocolate), it is the one place that I would love to revisit. Such a tiny city filled with sumptuous delights (particularly the locals - um, yum!).

I have a weakness for beautiful things, and Copenhagen is an entire city made of it. Some of my favourite things are from there: my special green winter rug (which now seems to belong to my kitten) that kept us warm when we had no heating in Berlin, the coffee cups that I carted across 3 countries in my hand luggage, and that damn-beautiful-good-for-nothing-but-tying-around-wrists coloured string.



Sighs. If anyone's heading up that way, I could totally go an overpriced tall latte and a fudgey wudgey cookie right now.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are you thinking?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...