Monday, June 4, 2012

While you're at work, I'm doing this.


As many of you may know, from time to time I tend to get a little down about life and where it's headed. I find the irregularity of my work depressing in its lack of sustainability (this is usually at its strongest near rent day - so I still have a couple of weeks!).

So I swoon about, weeping about how I have never acquired any real skills, how I should have finished high school and studied something soul-destroying like accounting, and then at least I would be able to pay my rent and then buy d'affinois instead of coon cheese.

And then I spend a Monday morning making THIS:


I realised the ridiculousness of this life in an email I just sent: "I was just gathering materials to make some crazy cat toys for next week's show (I can't believe I can classify this as work - I just pasted some 'cauliflower eyebrows' onto a cat's face)" 

That's right. This is actually my job now. The highlight of my morning was finding a miniature fake lemon at the opp shop (PERFECT for making said cat toys), and getting it for free, because the opp shop lady couldn't fathom why on earth I would want it. 

By the way, this is about the size of a large grape. Hilarious.
 
So I suppose I could always study to be an accountant next year. Right now I'm too busy sticking food items to animal's faces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are you thinking?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...