Monday, January 14, 2013

inversions

Some of you may know, this year I am undertaking an Advanced Diploma of Yoga Teaching. Exciting, no? It has already led my work in a very specific direction. This work (completed only today) has made me realise how much of my collage-based work references force, gravity, movement, stillness and many other aspects of a yoga practice. It's uncanny.


I would like to stress that I am not quitting art to join a commune and grow my armpit hair. This year is already shaping up into a very exciting and challenging collection of exhibitions, workshops and extra fun projects.

Here's hoping that I can continue living this fine balance that has been the last 8 years of making pictures and occasionally standing on my head.

x
L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are you thinking?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...