Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Glueless

Ok ok I know that heading was TERRIBLY daggy ... and also a little bit cle-veeeer! You know you're smirking at my wit and ability to Dad-joke at the drop of a hat!

Anyway, today's post is about not-collage. Whhhaaaaaaaaaat?! Let's lay it down to 3 very inspiring days with Carmel Seymour and a very hot date at an arts supply store. The other night I lay down my scalpel in exchange for one of my rather skanky brushes. I always thought I was going to be a painter, and have been trying to reintegrate drawing and painting into my collage work.

Anyway, here lies the product of choosing not to stick. I have these two beautiful paper men carrying water vessels made out of some kind of swine. I haven't decided what to do with yet, so instead of glueing them down, I thought I'd give them a little sketchy sketch first.



Who knows where this is going, but aaaaah - watercolour is FUN!

1 comment:

what are you thinking?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...