Sunday, May 29, 2011

gold blossom

I have for you another work from my 2nd year at art school, probably my most freeing time of art-making. A time where I felt no restraint, worry or anxiety about what I made - I was too busy making it to worry about what it might mean, whether it would help pay my bills or whether anybody thought it was any good. I never stopped drawing - I drew on whatever was closest (such as the paper table cloths and napkins at the nearby cafe, price tags picked up off the floor from the shop where I worked, empty medicine boxes ... you name it). Finding my work from this time definitely pulls on my heart strings - it was a time of true romance, and it's inspired me to dive back in. Sometimes it's good to get lost in making.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are you thinking?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...